Crescent Lake is a hotbed of activity. There is a constant flow of guests both going to and from resorts to Epcot and Hollywood studios. The resorts around the lake are the Boardwalk, the Yacht Club and the Beach Club. Adjacent to the lake are also the Swan and the Dolphin.
I decided to begin and end my journey at the Boardwalk Resort. This is a turn of the last century themed resort. It is set on the New Jersey boardwalk along the Atlantic Ocean.
1. The Boardwalk Resort is a destination unto itself, with the shops and the multiple restaurants. It is definitely a fun spot.
3. The nightlife- with the combination of Jelly Rolls and the ESPN club, the boardwalk can be a real fun place to be at night. There are margaritas being sold on the boardwalk itself and other guests coming and going from Epcot and drinking around the world.
4. The Yacht Club reminds me of Newport, Rhode Island. Its nautical touches and primary colors bring you to any boating town with a touch of sophistication.
5. The Captains Grille – besides being beautifully decorated, the food is actually excellent!
6. The Beach Club has a laid back feeling with a warm pastel pallet. Makes you want to kick off your flip flops and stay awhile.
7. Beaches and Cream – home of the full size kitchen sink. This is a 50’s themed, doo-wop music playing, tiny oasis of yumminess.
8. The pool area between the Yacht Club and the Beach Club is amazing! It is a fun time for both children and adults.
10. Bonus resorts- The Swan and the Dolphin resorts, although not Disney, are worth a visit. They are unique from one another and have some really fine restaurants. They also offer great discounts to nurses and teachers.