We all have our favorite things at Walt Disney World. Some are rides, snacks or even places to sit. Here’s my list:
1. it’s a small world. Yup, I know that people get real sick of this ride real fast but I can never get enough of it! I think it’s the combination of history and whimsy that does me in! It’s just a happy little boat with a catchy tune, no harm there, right? I would have not problem getting stuck in there! I even like the indoor window seats at Pinocchio’s just to watch the boats getting filled on their way to the happiest little trip around the world!
2. Journey into Imagination with Figment. Again, it’s another song that gets stuck in my head and doesn’t want to leave! I’m ok with that, it’s even my ringtone. I know a lot of people would rather have the original ride back but it’s not going to happen so let’s be happy that we get Figment! He’s so cute with his little wings and bouncing all around. It’s a never miss ride for me every time I go to Epcot.
3. The American Pavilion. Let’s start with the Voices of Liberty. They rule! Who sings like that? They are so captivating that I have been moved to tears many times. I could listen to them for hours! (Sarah with the new green dress is my favorite!) Then move on to the American Adventure with our hosts Mark Twain and Benjamin Franklin. They tell of our country’s beginnings and how we got to where we are today. The ending montage of a masterpiece of imagery and I am of course singing along. I can’t make it by Jim Henson and John Kennedy Jr without crying. PS stop by for a root beer float afterwards.
4. Tomorrowland Terrace. The joy of this area is shade and a perfect view of the castle. There is food, ice cream and Starbucks all in close proximity. I can watch a parade without even standing, catch a show at the castle or even just people watch. Doesn’t get much better than that.
5. Change. I love how Walt Disney World is the same but different. My first trip was over 20 years ago and the changes have been huge. I think that’s what Walt wanted. He said that Disneyland would never be finished so I’m thinking he would want the same of the World. I appreciate that the constants are always going to be there but how nice to get something new to enjoy. As much as I love small world, I’m looking forward to Frozen Ever After. I get excited about new parades and resort overhauls. I am always looking forward to trying something new and at Walt Disney World I always find it!